The Palestinian Authority Department of Prisoner’s Affairs issued a report according to which the 17 Israeli Occupation jails house 7,000 Palestinian prisoners. Sources within have predicted uprisings and a series of protests during the next month due to the very poor living conditions. Data from the prisoners themselves reveal a possible hunger strike in the next few weeks.
Prisoners and humanitarian aid workers have compiled a list of step required in order to contain an escalating feeling of discontent among the detainees.
• Improve the medical treatment of patients;
• End to solitary confinements;
• Stop the raids and inspections;
• Start again to broadcast media channels;
• Stop arbitrary detention without charges;
• End the closure of inmates’ accounts;
• Stop individual and collective punishments;
• Stop raising prices of canteen purchases;
• Stop moving prisoners between prisons without any reason;
• Stop preventing family visits;
View original post 301 more words